Saturday, September 3, 2011

Mother's Day surprise!!

Well this year for mother's day we ended up giving a different kind of gift to both of our mothers. On April 29th, we found out our life was going to change for forever! We found out that.... 
WE ARE PREGNANT!!
Its kind of a funny story actually. Only something like this would happen to me. We had been looking into getting more insurance on our accidental insurance. It would pay out almost $5500 when we had a baby. I just barely became benefited at my work so if i went on maternity leave, i wouldn't have enought ESL (extended sick leave) to get payed. Well the new insurance was inline to start the first of May. I hadn't started my period yet that month but had already taken a couple pregancy tests that were all negative.

Well Lance went down to St George with his friend Tony and his dad for a golf trip and i was going up to Park City for the bachelorette party. Lance had left thursday night, and we were driving up friday afternoon. I decided to take another pregancy test before i left to make sure because it was almost May. Well, just our luck, it said PREGNANT!! I was so suprised and shocked i didn't know what to do. Lance was gone for the weekend and i was leaving too! I wasn't going to see him for another three days!
I had always wanted to do something cute when i told Lance i was pregnant, but this time didn't work out. I ended up calling Lance crying and telling him over the phone while we were miles away from each other! It was so hard for both of us to be with family and friends for the whole weekend and not be able to say anything! We didn't end up being able to get that extra accidental insurance and will just be very poor when i go on maternity leave.

Well, back to mother's day. I was about seven or eight weeks along and was planning on waiting till my birthday to tell people the great news! BUT....... i was just so excited that we couldn't wait. We told my family first because we were over there for dinner. We gave my mom chocolate covered strawberries and a cute card. I have always wanted to have it filmed on camera when we told them so this was the plan.. 'to have Lance film and me tell her we were thinking of getting her something else for Mother's day, but we weren't sure she would like it. We were going to make her a grandmother.' Then see how long it took her to register. haha.. well i couldn't upload the video, maybe because it was too long (2 mins and 30 seconds) and i have no idea how to cut it down... ill have to try again later.
We were going over to Lance's parents house for dessert after dinner. So we told his family next. His whole family besides his sister Tiffany and her family were over there so it was perfect. I let Lance decide how we were going to tell them. He decided to make a puzzle. He cut up the letters "We are pregnant" and gave it to her to find out what it said. She had Lance's dad and grandma help out and they were able to figure it out! It was really exciting because his Sister Lacey is also pregnant and only ten weeks ahead of me! We call his sister later that night to tell her!

We are due Janurary 2, 2012. It has been pretty crazy/stressful/overwelming/and many other things! But we can't wait for this change to come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment