Thursday, September 15, 2011

Baby Bump...

Well.... this has been an interesting experience so far! I have enjoyed some of it, as well as hated other parts. The beginning of the pregnancy was kind of sucky. I felt pretty nausous and tired all the time. I hated food and never wanted to eat. But of coarse i had to eat so i wasn't as nausous. I threw up four times here and twice in lake powel from the boat. I think the main reason i would throw up here was after a grave and being extremely tired and then brushing my teeth. That would always make me gag and four of the times i threw up. Im so glad that doesn't happen anymore!!

As im in the subject of things i have hated..... I have hated all the things i have not been able to do. I couldn't wakeboard, tube, go cliff jumping in lake powel. I had to stop playing soccer. I could not go paint balling, and have always wanted to! I can't play other sports that are fun in the summer. Going to the gym is just kind of a bore. I can't do workouts that will get my heartrate up too high. I haven't been able to sleep as well. And i feel like im getting fat... not just a baby bump! Of course no one likes getting fat, but it has been really hard on me.

Well sorry for all that!! I guess i just had to vent a little. I have loved other things about this too. I have not felt too bad. For awhile there, i would not have know i was pregnant other then for my growing belly! I have resently started to feel the baby kick and have loved that feeling:) Lance still hasn't been able to feel the baby, but will soon! I am slowly starting to not fit in my clothes anymore. That part sucks too, but can't do anything about it.

When we first tried to find out what sex our baby was the cord was in the way! We were so sad and bumed out, but would just wait. The next appointment i was almost 21 weeks so figured that would be plenty far along to be able to tell! I have thought all along that we were having a girl, so when the doctor told us we were having a girl, we were stoked!! We started buying the beding set, cute little outfitts and cute little bows! I went up to Swiss Days with Lances mom and bought more cute little girl things. While i was there i did still have a feeling of being nervous that we were having a boy.

Well, two weeks later we went in for our target ultrasound (4D ultrasound). The ultrasound tech asked us if our doctor had told us what we were having. We said yes... a girl! WELL..... she told us and showed us that it was 100% a BOY!! I think after that i just shut down. I was so shocked and taken back! It kind of felt like someone had taken my baby girl away from me! I had bought so many things and we had already picked out a name!! I broke down when we left the doctors office and started crying! It was just so much to take in! Lance had to go take a quiz for school, so i went over to my moms and cried somemore. I felt like a bad mother for kind of being disappointed that it was a boy now. :( I think my emotions were just getting the best of me at this time.

We are super excited to be having a boy now! Just had to let it all settle in. I have always wanted a boy first to be the 'big brother' to my other children. We have no idea about boy names, so have alot to think about. But i have lots of friends who just had boys, so this little one will have lots of friends to play with!

This has been a long post, but needed to get it off my chest. Sorry if it has been a little depressing, but that is just how i have felt lately. Here are a few pics of my ever growing baby bump that i have promised a few people! The first pic is when i was about 13 and a half weeks..
The next picture is in my lovely UTE jersey:) I am about 19 weeks along.
The next picture is when i was 23 weeks along.

Well, this last picture i had Lance take today. I will be 25 weeks along tomorrow! I cant believe only 15 more weeks! It seems like that is only a short time away and we have so much more to do. We need to finish painting the nursery, find a name for this little man, and finish getting the things that we will need. Well im pretty sure that i will be huge in the end of this pregnancy because this next picture was taken about two weeks after the last one and you can noticeable tell how much bigger ive gotten. Wish i could go to the gym.. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh yea!!! I guess it just didn't show up on my dashboard... so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete