This year I decided to be a little creative with two of the gifts I gave. I was preoccupied with baby things and decided to let my friends pick out something for themselves...... in other words I got gift cards:) Well with the help of the lovely PINTEREST, I made gift card snow globes! It turned out pretty cool and much better then just a normal gift card. It was fun for me too! I hope they liked it and got something nice for themselves:)
That day was a day full of pinterest! I made these treats (TRIX balls) to take to some Christmas parties we had with friends. They looked better then they were unfortunately. They turned out really hard:( but oh well...
We had lots of Christmas parties this year! The first one was with my mom's side of the family. We normally have it at my parents house, but this year we did it at their church! It turned out really well and was lots of fun with a great turn out! Then my dad had a work Christmas party at their house! That was really fun too and nice to meet all the people he works with! Then we went to a Christmas party with some friends from the ward! I love our ward and love spending time with the friends we have made in it! The next party we went to was Lance's work Christmas party! This was the party I was most hoping to make it to! I love getting all dressed up and going to a really good dinner with good entertainment! I look forward to it every year!! We then went to a party with all my high school friends! I love this group of girls and love spending time with all of them! (This was the only party we got pictures from... I'm really bad at remembering to take pictures!)
The next party was with our close group of friends at the Birds house! That party was a blast and so good to get everyone together! I love all our friends:) The last Christmas party we went to was with the Andreasen family on Christmas eve! It was fun to get together with everyone! I love all of our family and all of our friends and I'm so glad that we were able to spend time with them during this holiday season!
On to Christmas morning! Like I had said... we tried to keep things low key this year. But alot of the time we always end up spoiling each other! We really need to do better! This is a picture of our Christmas tree. Same as the other years, but we had to put it in front of our back door this year because our house is so small and for some reason we got such a big tree!! haha..
This year Lance got COAL in his stocking!! haha.. He was on the naughty list I guess! :) (don't you just love his morning hair due?)
We take turns opening presents. Its so different just being the two of us on Christmas morning. It will be lots of fun next year when we have our little guy to share in the Christmas spirit and morning! We cant wait!! But here is Lance with all of his presents.....
This is a picture of Lance in his new Ute's underarmer polo shirt! These suckers are pricey... so he should feel lucky! haha..
Here I am in my new boots! This picture doesn't do them justice! I love them:)
And I had to take a picture with my new exercise ball! I was super excited about this present! A funny side note... Lance says as he gives me this present to open, "Now, I don't mean anything by this gift! I just remember you saying you wanted one!" haha... as in he didn't want me to think he was giving it to me because he thought I was fat and needed to work out! :) I really wanted one to use to help with the back pains from being pregnant and to use during labor!
After we open presents and get ready for the day we go over to my parents house and exchange gifts and eat CRAPES!! I LOVE crapes and love that we have made this a family tradition! They are so bad for you, but oh so good! We then go over to Lance's parents house for lunch and to exchange gifts with them! I love Christmas and the holiday spirit and love spending time with everyone that we get to spend time with!
HAPPY NEW YEARS!! For new years eve this year we just hung out with our friends Ron and Stephanie Brown at their house. I was hugely pregnant and didn't feel like going out and doing much of anything. We made a yummy steak and shrimp dinner and played games! It was fun to just hang out and relax!
For this new years resolution, I made the goal to be on time to things. I have a problem with being on time (except to work) and it drives Lance crazy! And so far I am doing very well!! But..... I also have not been going to many places! :) And for Lance.... I made the resolution for him to drink less soda pop! I think he drinks way too much and want him to be healthier so I went ahead and made that goal for him!
I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas and New Years!



No comments:
Post a Comment